I know I’m not the only one who looked forward to summer time as a kid, if for no other reason than to eat an orange creamsicle push pop. Whether you ate the flinstone push pop or some other brand, nothing tasted better on a hot summer day! So it may not be summer time, but here in Arkansas it’s still 90 degrees so it’s still legal! But now you can enjoy that treat in COOKIE form!
I know, exciting right?
So here is how you make them!
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (softened)
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1 tablespoon pulp free orange juice
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven 375 degrees.
- In a mixer, cream together butter, shortening and sugar
- Beat in egg and vanilla
- Combine flour, salt, and baking soda in separate bowl.
- Slowly add flour mixture until combined.
- Stir in orange zest, orange juice and white chocolate chips
- Drop rounded spoonfuls onto an untreated cookie sheet. ( do not flatten cookies!)
- Cook for 10-14 minutes, or until edges have begun to set up.
- Let cool for 2 minutes then move to a cooling rack.
Check out my other recipes:
LIVE LIFE BIG